By laser microstructuration, we mean:
the use of a laser in order to directly modify the surface or the bulk of a material.
Several types of laser can be used for these highly valuable applications.
Nozzle for CLAD (Direct additive laser construction) (with IREPA Laser)
Rainbow colored effect on stainless steel by laser micro-texturation (with IREPA Laser)
Femtosecond laser marking in bulk glass (with IREPA Laser)
Our work focuses on:
- micro-structuration by femtosecond laser
- surface fonctionnalization by laser micro-texturation (wettability, self-cleaning, biocompatibility). Super-hydrophobic functionalization on a medical device that can be implanted:
- 3D metallic additive construction.
We have recently obtained:
- color effect on different materials by the creation of RIPPLES
- creation of hydrophobic and hydrodrophilic surface on stainless steel and PDMS
- complex 3D geometric shapes printing by direct additive laser construction (BeAM society: the CLAD direct additive laser construction video)